Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") apply to the antibodypedia.com website. They apply regardless of the means of delivery of the Site to you.
Thank you for visiting the Site. In consideration of us making the Site and its functionality available for your use, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, do not use the Site. We may change these Terms from time to time, so you should review them each time that you visit the Site. You should print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
- About us
- Using the Site
- Linking to the Site
- Your Content – what we are allowed to do
- Your Content - what you are not allowed to do
- Third party content and links available on the Site
- Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights
- Our liability
- Maintenance of the Site
- Validity of these terms
- Jurisdiction and applicable law
1. About us
- The Site is operated by Antibodypedia AB (“the Antibodypedia Company”); Antibodypedia, att: Kalle von Feilitzen, Science for Life Laboratory, Box 1031, SE-17121 Solna, Sweden. Our VAT number is SE556831430501. You can contact us using the following email address: email@example.com.
2. Using the Site
- You may view (and, where applicable, listen to) the content and applications available on the Site for your private non-commercial use. You may occasionally print individual webpages on the Site for your private non-commercial use, provided that such printing is not substantial or systematic and our trade marks, and copyright and trade mark notices, are not removed.
- Unless otherwise stated in these Terms, you must not (whether directly or indirectly) (a) distribute, transmit, syndicate, sell or offer to sell or otherwise make available all or any part of the Site or any content, files, feeds or data from the Site, whether publicly available or not; or (b) copy, download, or store any content, files, feeds or data from the Site, whether publicly available or not, to make or populate a database or publication of any kind whatsoever, provided that for the avoidance of doubt this is not intended to restrict copying of an insubstantial part of any such material or where you are able to show “fair dealing” with it, in each case in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
- You must not use or allow others to access or use all or any part of our Site or the contents and/or applications on it for commercial purposes without our permission.
- Users should be aware that content and applications may be removed from the Site with or without notice at any time and reliance on their continued availability is at the user's risk.
- To seek permission to do anything prohibited by or not contained in these Terms, or which requires our prior consent or agreement, you can contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Linking to the site
You may establish a link to the Site, provided that:
- The link is not detrimental to and/or does not take unfair advantage of our reputation or business;
- The link does not falsely suggest that we endorse, approve of or are associated with your website or any of its contents; and
- Framing is not allowed and you must not provide access to the Site or part of it under any other URL (e.g. by domain forwarding, URL re-direction or similar).
4. Your content – what we are allowed to do
- We may publish, check, edit or remove all or part of the comments, posts, applications, any of your User generated content or other material, including your name, town and country, which you submit to us ('Your Content'), at our sole discretion. We are not obliged to do any of these things and we may not.
- This clause 1 means, for example (without limitation), that we can:
- Remove Your Content, even if you have not breached these Terms or our Community Guidelines;
- Use all or part of Your Content in promoting our products and services (e.g. we may use a screenshot including your comments or applications in our advertising);
- Reproduce your trade marks, trade names, service marks, logos, domain names or other identifying signs or images;
- Edit Your Content, which may result in a part of it being modified and displayed, including without your name.
Please note that we do not check, monitor, moderate or even see all the comments and other material submitted to us. While some comments and the applications may be pre-moderated (i.e. checked in advance by us before publication), some comments and other content are not.
5. Your content - what you are not allowed to do
- You must not submit any material to the Site which;
- is inappropriate. Material will be considered in appropriate if that material is:
- defamatory, abusive, malicious, threatening, false, misleading, offensive, discriminatory, harassing, blasphemous, racist or sexist;
- contains taunts, rudeness, insults, name-calling, indecent suggestions, profanity;
- quotes others out of context to create misleading or negative impressions;
- is indecent, obscene or of a sexual nature;
- is a breach of confidentiality or someone's privacy;
- could prejudice any active legal proceedings of which you are aware;
- is not in the English language
- contains accusations of impropriety or personal criticism of Antibodypedia staff;
- is likely to:
- cause someone alarm, anxiety or distress;
- incite others to breach civil behavior;
- encourage violence or racial or religious hatred;
- infringes any intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trade marks. This means generally that you must own the rights in everything you submit or must obtain permission from the rights owner to submit the material;
- is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software, harmful data or conduct);
- offers, advertises or promotes any product or services or makes any requests for donations or financial support;
- constitutes spam or junk content;
- impersonates anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status;
- is, encourages or teaches conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful; or
- is inappropriate. Material will be considered in appropriate if that material is:
- You may only include links on the Site to any third party websites or webpages if:
- the content of or linking to such websites or webpages does not breach any of the prohibitions in clause 7.1 above;
- links are clearly and visibly marked as such;
- the content of any linked website is relevant and clearly related to the Content to which it is linked; and
- the link will not result in any automatic download.
- You must not attempt to avoid or undermine any protections we put in place for the security and operation of the Site.
- Unless you have our express permission to do so, you must not re-submit content or applications which you are aware have been removed.
6. Third party content and links available on the Site
- We are not liable or responsible for the third party content on the Site. Third party content includes, for example, comments, blogs and articles posted by users, the content of advertisements, applications posted by users and content accessed through applications.
- Where the Site and/or applications contain links to other sites and resources, which are provided by third parties, these links and resources are provided for your information only and you access them at your own risk. We are not liable or responsible for the content or operation of third party sites or resources. You should read any user terms and privacy policies and the like on third party sites, as they are likely to differ from ours.
If you see something which you reasonably believe breaches these Terms or our Community Guidelines, please use the relevant 'Report this Comment' facility. If there is no facility available, please contact us on email@example.com.
7. Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights
If you think your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may either email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
att: Kalle von Feilitzen,
Science for Life Laboratory,
Please include all of the following information in your notification:
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of any exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
8. Our liability
- The information contained on the Site is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. You should check any information on the Site and use your own judgment before doing or not doing anything on the basis of what you see. We make no representations or warranties with respect to the Site or its contents. All warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of satisfactory quality and fitness for purpose relating to the Site and/or its content and/or any web site to which it is linked are hereby to the fullest extent permitted by law excluded. No representations or warranties are given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on the Site or any web site to which it is linked.
- Except for liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or deliberate breach of these Terms by us, we are not liable for:
- any action you may take as a result of relying on any information provided on the Site or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you taking this action;
- any dealings you have with third parties (e.g. other users, advertisers or promoters) that take place using or facilitated by the Site;
- any liability for losses which are not a foreseeable or likely consequence of (i) your use of the Site or (ii) a breach of these Terms;
- any business loss connected with your trade, business or profession.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the exclusions of liability contained in this clause 8, we are not responsible if you cannot access the Site properly or at all or if some of its features are unavailable to you because of any event outside our control, for example (without limitation) the performance of your or our ISP, your browser or the Internet or limitations in the capability of your accessing device.
- Further we shall have no liability to you for any loss or inconvenience suffered from the unavailability or withdrawal of content and/or applications from the Site. We may withdraw content and/or applications from the Site at any time at our discretion with or without notice to users.
- The Site relies in part on software to work. Software has bugs. While we will monitor the Site and try to fix bugs, we cannot guarantee that the Site or any individual feature of the Site will be error free, available all the time and/or free from viruses.
- However, nothing in these Terms will affect any liability we may have for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
9. Maintenance of the Site
- Making your use of the Site enjoyable means we need to fix bugs, install updates and perform general diagnosis and maintenance of the Site which may make the Site less accessible or available for your use during those times.
- We also need to be able to perform emergency maintenance and/or suspend access to the servers where, in our reasonable discretion, we see the need to do that. We will try to have the Site available again as soon as we think it is safe to do so.
10. Validity of these Terms
- If any part or provision of these Terms is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
11. Jurisdiction and applicable law
- These Terms are governed by Swedish law. The Swedish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute relating to these Terms.